Re: Can't open EOModeler (WOLIps version)

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 10:46:28 EDT

    So having WOBuilder is a good thing...

    Now I have a question: How does a new WO user get a working copy of
    WOBuilder? ...and how does he/she get that tool to function with WOLips?

    (I haven't used WO much lately so I actually want to know the answer.)

    I still use WO 5.2.4. When WO 5.3 came I tried it but reverted to 5.2
    directly - 5.3 just did not work for me. Have also read many times on
    various lists that (seasoned) WO users prefer the old WOBuilder and
    EOModeler even if they have switched to 5.3. Does a new user have to
    (somehow) buy 5.2 to get those tools?

    To get WOBuilder to play with WOLips I keep Xcode running in the
    background. This used to be the recommended way to get things working.
    Is this still necessary? I assume it is. How is this intuitive and
    confidence-inspiring for new WO users?

    I am probably about to start a new project using WO...

    /Anders