Re: WOLips writing xcodeproj again yet?

From: Marc Guenther (mar..iffy-berlin.in-berlin.de)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 11:20:47 EDT

    > Is there a version out that successfully writes xcodeproj's again?
    > I tried doing a regular update yesterday, but that didn't fix it.

    Yes, partially. I just spent some time investigating this. There are
    several issues at the moment (as of 2.0.0.3103):

    xcode and xcodeproj:
    - CLEAN followed by a FULL recreates the files. Strange thing is, the
    contents of the files are collected during the CLEAN phase, but the
    files are written during the FULL phase.
    - CLEAN build doesn't remove the xcode files.
    - Removing the files doesn't recreate them. The removal triggers an
    AUTO build, but the files are only written on a FULL build.
    - Adding/Removing something doesn't update the xcode files. The
    triggered AUTO build somehow implicitely triggers a FULL build, so
    the files are written, but not changed, as no CLEAN occured.
    And:
    - the files contain entries for all the builded projects, not just
    the current one. For this I have a fix here:
       http://objectstyle.org/jira/browse/WOL-277

    PB.project:
    - Once deleted, it's impossible to get it back. It's recreated
    automatically, but it's empty.
    - Adding/Removing actually gets reflected into the PB.project file.
    - Clean/Full build doesn't seem to do anything useful to the
    PB.project file.

    So Mac users can at least use Clean build whenever they change
    something. Windows users are lost for the moment without the old
    "Update PB.project" menu entry. Or use ant as described by Anjo.

    Is anyone working on this? Otherwise I might continue investigating,
    as this is really bothering me.

    Marc