Profiling options

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2006 - 06:45:49 EDT

    Hi,

    I need to memory profile one of my WO applications.

    WOLips currently has two options - jmechanic (that is old and I never
    got to work) and tptp (that doesn't seem to work on Mac).

    I have jprofiler installed. It comes with an eclipse integration plugin,
    but I was unable to launch my apps from within eclipse because I didn't
    know how to set up the launch configurations.

    Some time ago I tried a number of different profilers. Several of them
    had eclipse integration plugins, and these looked very similar (eclipse
    GUI). There must be some standard they were plugging in to. I didn't
    have to install (part of) tptp or anything, but still there seemed to a
    standard.

    Today I wanted to try the WOLips tptp stuff. After I installed it the
    jprofiler plugin complained about other profiling plugins. ?! I was now
    able to create launch configurations to WO apps, but when I launched
    jprofiler started - which is kind of what I wanted.

    Is it possible to create a profiled WO launch configuration template
    that allows us to use any profiler (given that they are following some
    standard) and does not force anyone to install TPTP, BRIT and a lot of
    other stuff.

    It seems to me that what exists now is actually very close to this.

    BTW: Jprofiler offer free licenses to open source projects, and comes
    with WO integration as well as eclipse integration (but not WOLips
    integration). ...and it runs on any platform.

    /Anders

    --
    http://ojalgo.org/

    Mathematics, Linear Algebra and Optimisation with Java