Deployment of multiple versions of WO frameworks

From: Ken Anderson (list..nderhome.com)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2006 - 08:58:55 EDT

    I have a situation where I want to be able to deploy multiple
    versions of frameworks on the same machine at the same time (so I can
    have multiple versions of the WOApps). At the moment, I install all
    frameworks in the typical /Library/Frameworks directory on the
    machine (an xserve running OS X).

    My guess is that, since we're talking jars and classpaths here, I
    could modify the classpath file generated by WOLips on install so
    that the frameworks and apps could point to a different location,
    maybe like:

    /Library/Commoditrack/Build316/Frameworks
    /Library/Commoditrack/Build404/Frameworks

    Ideally, I would like to have a special target in the Ant build.xml
    file that would figure out the subversion version number and use that
    when generating all the classpath files.

    Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Hints? Ideas? I'm no Ant
    expert.

    Our frameworks are pretty large, and we have a number of WOApps that
    use them, so I don't want to copy the jars into each WOApp. I would
    also prefer to continue using the ability for the EOModels to be
    loaded automatically from their bundles, but that's not 100% necessary.

    Thanks,
    Ken