Development on Linux

From: Miguel Arroz (arro..uiamac.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2006 - 18:31:48 EDT

    Hi!

       Today I tried to turn a Ubuntu box on something useful: a WO
    development machine! :)

       I copied all the stuff related to WO to Linux, creating the /
    System and /Library folders on the file system. I copied the
    frameworks, and the WebObjects folders.

       I installed Eclipse and WOLips.

       The problem is that when I create a new project, it only includes
    some of the WO Frameworks, not all. But all of them are on the disk,
    so I see no reason for that to happen. Also, I included the missing
    JARs by hand (not as a framework, but only the JAR) and the project
    actually compiled, but did not run (some classes were missing).

       We have decided to buy a new Mac (we didn't even started to
    install apache and compile the WO module on it...) but, just to kill
    my curiosity... is there some trick about this? Does anyone have WO
    5.3.* running on Linux as a development machine?

       Yours

    Miguel Arroz

    "We have no sympathy for the lost souls
    We've chosen the path of disgrace
    We give this life to our children
    And teach them to hate this place" -- Apocalyptica, Life Burns!

    Miguel Arroz
    http://www.ipragma.com