Re: ~/Roots update nightmare [was: Re: WOLips newbie question...]

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 17:53:34 EDT

    Am 11.09.2006 um 23:13 schrieb Sébastien Sahuc:

    > I'm trying to update to latest WOLips which I haven't done since
    > early August (WWDC). It seems that ~/Roots has been removed however
    > we heavily depend on it as the location where we install pre-built
    > wonder and other prebuilt third party frameworks. I tried setting
    > the following in my ~/Library/wobuild.properties in the machine
    > where I build the WOLips package:
    >
    > wo.externalbuildroot=/Users/sebastien/Roots

    I'm pretty sure I have tested this setting before removing one of the
    top grieves that anybody I talked to had with WOLips, but now I'm not
    so sure...

    I just checked with my home dir and it didn't work when I set

      wo.externalbuildroot=/Users/ak/Roots

    but it does work with

      wo.externalbuildroot=Users/ak/Roots/

    So maybe you try this. But even if it does work: the Roots folder is
    for Wonder-like XCode builds. you almost *never* have to use this and
    the really, really preferred method is to use include projects either
    as source or as one of the supported locations (/System, /, ~/)

    Cheers, Anjo