Website frustrations for newbie

From: Paul Charles Leddy (pcledd..mail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 10:34:47 EDT

    The new site doesn't really seem to have the basic information someone
    like me would need to get going. Here are some suggestions, my only
    focus being WOProject, not WOLips:

     - a very basic introduction paragraph defining ant tasks
     - how WOProject adds ant task extensions with just an addition of
    the jar to ant's lib directory
     - that this helps WebObject developers use ant to compile WOApps and
    WOFrameworks, including on the command-line, without having to use
    XCode
     - how this is a common need for automated builds on large projects
    since Apple has a broken compiler that fails for dependencies when
    munging a large number of files
     - the basic WOProject extensions page on the old site copied to the new
     - a link on the new site to the API for these extensions to ant tasks

    I didn't "get it" until I bought the O'Reilly book, read about tasks
    and then went back to the site. One or two paragraphs would have
    clarified what I learned in O'Reilly.

    Thanks for the awesome tools!