Re: SQL generation in Entity Modeler and java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null

From: Denis Frolov (de..emax.ru)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2006 - 09:33:32 EDT

    ClassCastException that happens when running unit tests with eomodel
    frameworks linked from workspace has been there for a while - at least for
    1.5 months. I've failed to debug it and am now temporary linking eomodel
    frameworks from /Library/Frameworks/ to run junit tests. Very annoying but I
    really have no other ideas...

    It would be nice to have a working BugTracker/BTBusinessLogic Eclipse
    project example in Wonder that has eo-model sql generation working and
    probably a few unit tests of business logic as an example since this
    App/Framework setup is a good illustration of things like proper app design
    pattern, ERPrototypes, eogenerator, ERDirectToWeb, ERCoreBusinessLogic, etc.

    Is it an easy thing to do?

    on 9/14/06 5:00 PM, Anjo Krank at kran..ogicunited.com wrote:

> [...]
    >> (CompanyTest.java:30)
    >> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
    >> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    >> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
    >> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    >> at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
    >> at er.testrunner.ERXTestCase.runBare(ERXTestCase.java:97)
    >> at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
    >> at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
    >> at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
    >> at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
    >> at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
    >> at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
    >> at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
    >> at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
    >> at
    >> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run
    >> (JUnit3TestReference.java:128)
    >> at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run
    >> (TestExecution.java:38)
    >> at
    >> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests
    >> (RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
    >> at
    >> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests
    >> (RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
    >> at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run
    >> (RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
    >> at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main
    >> (RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
    >> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException
    >> at dm.extensions.AbstractUser.<clinit>(AbstractUser.java:42)
    >> ... 44 more
    >>

    >> on 9/14/06 4:40 PM, Denis Frolov at de..emax.ru wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm sorry - I was too quick to post the stack trace. This trace
    >> was caused by
    >>> the fact that I've added too many frameworks to my test project
    >> since I
    >>> thought that SQL Generation is missing something on my build
    >> path. The trace
    >>> from the real project (it uses prototypes) is below.
    >> Administrator entity has
    >>> parent entity from DMCoreBusinessLogic model.
    >>>
    >>> Administrator:42 is:
    >>> public static AdministratorClazz clazz =
    >>> (AdministratorClazz)EOEnterpriseObjectClazz.clazzForEntityNamed
    >> ("Administrator
    >>> ");
    >>> Now that I have the stack trace I will probably debug this myself
    >> but will
    >>> appreciate any hints. Thanks a lot for help!
    >>>
    >>> ===== Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:31:12 PM Europe/Moscow =====
    >>> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
    >>> (er.extensions.ERXFrameworkPrincipal).
    >>> log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
    >>> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    >>> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0
    >> (Native Method)
    >>> at
    >>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
    >>> at
    >>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
    >> (DelegatingConstructo
    >>> rAccessorImpl.java:27)
    >>> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:
    >> 494)
    >>> at
    >>>
    >> org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.sql.SQLUtils.createEOFSQLGenerator
    >> (SQLUtils.j
    >>> ava:31)
    >>> at
    >>>
    >> org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.actions.GenerateSQLDialog.generateSql
    >> (Generat
    >>> eSQLDialog.java:182)
    >>> at
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.actions.GenerateSQLDialog
    >> $GenerateSqlHandler.
    >>> widgetSelected(GenerateSQLDialog.java:255)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent
    >> (TypedListener.java:90)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent
    >> (EventTable.java:66)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1496)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1520)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1505)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:
    >> 1279)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents
    >> (Display.java:3312)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch
    >> (Display.java:2941)
    >>> at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:820)
    >>> at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:796)
    >>> at
    >>> org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.actions.GenerateSQLAction.run
    >> (GenerateSQLActi
    >>> on.java:110)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent
    >> (PluginAction.java:254)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent
    >> (WWinPluginAction.java:22
    >>> 9)
    >>> at
    >>>
    >> org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(
    >> ActionCo
    >>> ntributionItem.java:539)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2
    >> (ActionContributionIte
    >>> m.java:488)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent
    >> (ActionContributi
    >>> onItem.java:441)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent
    >> (EventTable.java:66)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1496)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1520)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1505)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:
    >> 1279)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents
    >> (Display.java:3312)
    >>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch
    >> (Display.java:2941)
    >>> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop
    >> (Workbench.java:1914)
    >>> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench
    >> (Workbench.java:419)
    >>> at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench
    >> (PlatformUI.java:149)
    >>> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run
    >> (IDEApplication.java:95)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run
    >> (PlatformActivator.ja
    >>> va:78)
    >>> at
    >>>
    >> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplic
    >> ation(Ec
    >>> lipseAppLauncher.java:92)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start
    >> (EclipseAppL
    >>> auncher.java:68)
    >>> at