EOModeler vs EntityModeler

From: Markus Ruggiero (marku..uggiero.ch)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2006 - 06:54:16 EDT

    Hi folks,

    first of all thanks to the WOLips team - great stuff. After some more
    of less systematic (mostly less) playing with Eclipse and WOLips and
    going back and forth between XCode and Eclipse we now migrate our
    first productive project to Eclipse/WOLips. So far so good, it works
    but I have found some strange things that I need help with.

    I need to add a new entity to our datamodel. Using the EntityModeler
    I can setup (new) attributes by simply selecting type/class/value
    type from a popup. That all looks good. However when I try to
    generate SQL I get a nice small alert box with just the message that
    a java. lang. NullpointerException had occurred. Nothing in any log
    that I could find. Well, that's bad but not a show stopper, I still
    have EOModeler. But EOModeler is not happy with my model file!! Some
    external type columns are empty, the model is corrupt and I have to
    fix it manually. OK, can do that but then why should I go with
    EntityModeler at all? What bothers me is that EOModeler and
    EntityModeler show different Java classes and data types. One such
    case: EOM shows NSTimestamp/DATETIME/(no value type) whereas the same
    is shown in EntityModeler as (popup)Date(Object)NSCalendarDate/
    DATETIME. This is just one case, I have observed other such
    disagreements.

    What am I doing wrong? Or is there a problem with EntityModeler?

    Eclipse 3.2.0 M20060629-1905 with WOLips 2.0.0.3213 on the latest
    Tiger/Intel with MySQL datatypes
    Thanks for your help
    ---markus---

    Don't miss my latest project at http://blindpromo.com

    Markus Ruggiero
    rucotec consulting and technologies email
    mailto:markus.ruggier..ucotec.ch
    rucotec GmbH web http://www.rucotec.ch
    Steinentorstrasse 8
    4051 Basel Mobile +41 (0)79 508 4701
    Switzerland Phone/Fax +41 (0)61 271 4990