Re: EOModeler vs EntityModeler

From: Philippe Lafoucrière (Philippe.Lafoucrier..amayo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2006 - 07:40:52 EDT

    On 19 sept. 06, at 12:54, Markus Ruggiero wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > first of all thanks to the WOLips team - great stuff. After some
    > more of less systematic (mostly less) playing with Eclipse and
    > WOLips and going back and forth between XCode and Eclipse we now
    > migrate our first productive project to Eclipse/WOLips. So far so
    > good, it works but I have found some strange things that I need
    > help with.
    >
    > I need to add a new entity to our datamodel. Using the
    > EntityModeler I can setup (new) attributes by simply selecting type/
    > class/value type from a popup. That all looks good. However when I
    > try to generate SQL I get a nice small alert box with just the
    > message that a java. lang. NullpointerException had occurred.
    > Nothing in any log that I could find. Well, that's bad but not a
    > show stopper, I still have EOModeler. But EOModeler is not happy
    > with my model file!! Some external type columns are empty, the
    > model is corrupt and I have to fix it manually. OK, can do that but
    > then why should I go with EntityModeler at all? What bothers me is
    > that EOModeler and EntityModeler show different Java classes and
    > data types. One such case: EOM shows NSTimestamp/DATETIME/(no value
    > type) whereas the same is shown in EntityModeler as (popup)Date
    > (Object)NSCalendarDate/DATETIME. This is just one case, I have
    > observed other such disagreements.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong? Or is there a problem with EntityModeler?

    Hello, I had a similar problem recently, and it was comming only from
    EntiryModeler (not EOModeler).

    The problem was coming (strangly) from an entity Books, with
    tableName = books, and Class = Books
    I solved it by renaming the Class parameter to something else, like
    BooksEntity, and then the SQL generation worked. It sounds there's a
    bug arround there, which is quite difficult to reproduce :(

    Regards
    Philippe