Problem deploying wolips-app with monitor

From: Markus Ruggiero (marku..uggiero.ch)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 09:56:21 EDT

    Oh dear, I don't get it anymore

    Ported a simple app from Xcode to Eclipse/WOLips. The Eclipse project
    has a different name than the Xcode thing. So I actually have a
    completely new application that happens to look identical.
    Reorganised classes into packages, works nicely now out of Eclipse
    with rapid turnaround via WebServer. Well, now it is time to deploy
    on a Tiger test system. Using the ant build (target install) I create
    on my local box /Library/WebObjects/Applications/MyApp.woa, then move
    this to the server. On the server I have already the same app
    (created from the Xcode project) deployed with Monitor. I create a
    new app in Monitor, copy all the additional commandline args over
    from the old app and on we go - or we don't! Monitor is not able to
    start the app. It counts up deaths and after 30 seconds gives up. No
    log is generated in /tmp. touch /tmp/logWebObjects and try again.
    Again no app and still no log. Starting the app from the command line
    with all the params copied from the info panel for the instance in
    Monitor and the app runs fine. Nor problem, WebObjects.log generated.
    Even Monitor sees the app as running. I can shutdown the app from
    monitor but still no way to start with monitor. Also no info in any
    log that I know of (/var/log/webobject.log, system.log, console.log)

    Everything is Java 1.4.2_09 (development as well as server box)
    Eclipse 3.2 with WOlips 2.0.0.334

    Any idea how to figure what monitor is doing (or not doing)?
    Thanks

    ---markus---

    Don't miss my latest project at http://blindpromo.com

    Markus Ruggiero
    rucotec consulting and technologies email
    mailto:markus.ruggier..ucotec.ch
    rucotec GmbH web http://www.rucotec.ch
    Steinentorstrasse 8
    4051 Basel Mobile +41 (0)79 508 4701
    Switzerland Phone/Fax +41 (0)61 271 4990