Maven Plugins notes...

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 16:08:52 EDT

    Uli,

    I looked at the existing Maven plugins under woproject/mavenplugins
    and it looks like they are for Maven 1.x. Any reason why not Maven 2,
    or am I missing something?

    I started a 2.0 plugin that is a wrapper for JApplication ant task.
    So woproject.jar is a dependency. The easiest thing we can do to
    avoid changing woproject build scripts is deploy it manually to
    http://objectstyle.org/maven2 repo per [1]. Before I do that, I
    wanted to run by you the group and artifact names, so that we have
    some consistency.

    Core WOProject:

       groupId: org.objectstyle.woproject
       artifactId: woproject
       version: 1.2-SNAPSHOT [or whatever we choose for the new release
    version?]

    Plugin:

       groupId: org.objectstyle.woproject
       artifactId: maven-japplication-plugin
       version: 1.2-SNAPSHOT [match the core lib version]

    Also I wonder if we even need separate plugins for individual Ant
    tasks in WOProject? Maybe stick them all in the same plugin with
    different "goals" - one per Ant task?

    Thoughts?

    Andrus

    [1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-remote.html