Re: Maven Plugins notes...

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 10:31:01 EDT

    Henrique, excellent!

    Let's work on this together, using Jira and this list for
    communication. My main motivation at this point is JApplication task,
    but we can get the entire thing going now, filling in missing tasks
    over time.

    Here is the initial suggestions:

    1. I assume your company is willing to donate to WOProject the
    archetype plugin that you've developed. Let's do this via a Jira task
    with attachment. This way there'll be a clear record documenting the
    initial donation. Then we'll check it in and continue development
    using WOProject repo.

    2. A groupId of "org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2" makes more sense
    than the one I suggested yesterday.

    3. SVN folder layout (trying to figure out some logical split between
    the tasks that we have ... JApplication looks like a different kind
    of animal, so probably still a separate plugin)

       woproject/maven2/
           pom.xml /* parent pom */
           woarchetype/ /* your archetype plugin */
           woproject-plugin/ /* core woproject tasks */
           japplication-plugin /* JApplication task */

    I did not include PBIndex and friends - not sure whether those are
    still useful.

    Let me know what do you think. I'll start setting up the general
    structure today.

    Andrus