Re: Maven Plugins notes...

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 15:06:28 EDT

    On Sep 28, 2006, at 2:15 AM, Ulrich Köster wrote:

    >> version: 1.2-SNAPSHOT [or whatever we choose for the new release
    >> version?]
    >
    > 2.0.0.3***

    BTW, Maven2 has its own approach for maintaining the build versions
    via "SNAPSHOT" keyword. If we use the version 2.0-SNAPSHOT, then
    individual builds will be tagged as xyz-2.0-20060930-X.jar (where X
    is the incrementing build number - 1,2,3, etc.). In other words
    declaring minor version numbers in the POM is probably redundant.

    Andrus