News from the WOCOA: Support for Logical Structures

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2006 - 15:14:51 EDT

    Moin List,

    after Christians WOCOA keynote we could talk in public about it ;-).

    WOLips 2.0.0.3431 include support for logical structures.

    Often, complex data structures are more convenient to navigate in
    terms of their logical structure, rather than in terms of their
    implementation. For example, no matter how a list is implemented
    (linked, array, etc.), a user may simply want to see the elements in
    the list in terms of an ordered collection. WOLips provide
    translations from a raw implementation value to a logical value.

    Turn it on in the variables view. (Be patient :-) )

    An example EOCustomObject suclass. 'Account' with two class
    properties: 'password' and 'login'. Note class, external type and
    length information.

    Currently implemented:

    NSKeyValueCoding
    NSArray
    NSSelector

    BooleanQualifier
    NonNullQualifier

    EOAttribute
    EOEntity

    EOAndQualifier
    EOCustomObject
    EOEditingContext
    EOFetchSpecification
    EOKeyComparisonQualifier
    EOKeyValueQualifier
    EONotQualifier
    EOOrQualifier
    EOQualifier
    EOSortOrdering
    EOSQLQualifier

    I have no idea what we could do with WOComponent. Any thoughts?

    uli