Re: Updates problem

From: Pierre Frisch (pierre.frisc..pearway.com)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2006 - 20:40:26 EDT

    There is definitively something wrong I did a clean install of
    eclipse 3.2.1 with the latest WOLips and I get something very strange
    on the update panel, note the 3 WOLips The first one is the one I
    created and it is editable the next two probably come from the
    feature definition and cannot be modified. May be one of them is
    pointing to the wrong site?

    I have dug a bit in the feature.xml and I think we are missing the
    <update > tag in our plug-ins. From what I have seen all our
    feature.xml file should include:

        <url>
           <update label="WOLips update site" url="http://
    www.mdimension.com/~wolips/update/"/>
           <discovery label="WOLips update site" url="http://
    www.mdimension.com/~wolips/update/"/>
        </url>

    This is the way "WOLips Goodies Mac" is configured and it is the only
    one working properly. I have manually updated the files on my
    installation and I will report the next time there is an update.

    We should also switch the update and stable depending on what version
    we are distributing i.e. the stable version should refer to the
    stable url and the nightly version to the update url.

    Pierre