Tomcat deploy

From: Paul Yu (py..ac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 16:18:13 EDT

    Greetings

    I'm trying to learn how to do a WAR/SSDD deployment to Tomcat. My
    approach to this problem is this.

    Environment: Clean OS X 10.4.8 install. xCode 2.4, WebObjects 5.3.
    Tomcat 5.5.20.

    1) I created a xCode 2.4 WebObjects Application Project (TestWar2)
    with Servlet Deployment. Copied the built output from the JBoss
    directory (that's where xCode placed it) to Tomcat and connected to
    it with http://localhost:8080/TestWar2/WebObjects/TestWar2.woa and
    "Hello World" came up in Safari. The directory structure of the SSDD
    file looks like

    The content of the web.xml file in the area of interest looks like

    So far so good.

    2) I created a TestEOFWar project in Eclipse/WOLips. I modified the
    build.properties file with webXML = true, Then I removed the if="$
    {never}" from the war and ssdd targets in the build.xml file. I
    added the LICENSE file, and edited the copy statements to use the
    current "." directory instead of the parent "..". I run the
    build.xml as ant task and this is what I got.

    As you can see, no class, no lib, and no Library directories in the
    WOLips generated directory structure.

    The web.xml file contains the following for WOClasspath:

    Notice the testeofwar.jar file is referenced in the WRONG location.
    Notice also the other frameworks are also totally pointing to the
    wrong location.

    Am I doing this correctly with WOLips?

    I have been able to get a WOLips generated Hello World project to run
    in Tomcat, but the amount of hand-editing that I had to do makes it
    seem like I am doing something wrong.

    Thanks.

    Paul