Re: Tomcat deploy

From: Paul Yu (py..ac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 10:02:01 EDT

    Steven

    Thanks for your reply and previous post, http://objectstyle.org/
    woproject-old/lists/woproject-dev/2005/02/0038.html. I had consulted
    it and the other post that led to WOL-221. I did get my WOLips based
    Hello World app to deploy on Tomcat, but it was a lot of work. BTW.
    I like'd your video and approach in your app. Very nice. Go Hokies!

    At the risk of over stepping my bounds, the question that I like to
    ask in general is "what should be the level of support in WOLips with
    respects to WAR deployment?"

    I think WOLips, out of the box, should be able to build and deploy a
    simple "hello world" WOApplication, with and without EOF. It should
    just work. It does not now! Ideally WOLips can do a simple
    WonderApplication, and D2WApplication as well.

    If at a certain point in the evolution of a given project, we
    developers have to customize the web.xml file to get things to work
    in our own deployment environments, then that is totally cool. But
    right now, it seems the war deployment piece of WOLips requires a lot
    of experimentation and manual changes to get it to work.

    I'm totally willing to help with as much as I can.

    Paul