Re: Tomcat deploy

From: Stephen Edwards (edward..s.vt.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 10:36:18 EDT

    > I think WOLips, out of the box, should be able to build and deploy a
    > simple "hello world" WOApplication, with and without EOF.

    I agree. My impression is that this is the intent, but that
    no one has been working on SSDD war support very much (I could be
    wrong!). Perhaps this is because relatively few folks involved
    with the project use servlet-based deployment right now (just
    guessing).

    > I'm totally willing to help with as much as I can.

    The right answer is for someone motivated enough to contribute
    changes/additions to the project, and it looks like you just
    volunteered! ;-) Since I've never worked on the woproject code,
    I feel like there's a large initial jump to overcome before
    getting involved, and I've got my own open-source project to
    manage at the same time. But I'm still interested in helping
    in what limited ways I can. My guess is that after getting one's
    build environment set up, tweaking the appropriate ANT task
    classes shouldn't be that difficult (famous last words!). The
    instructions on the wiki for checking out/buidling wolips seem
    like a good place to start.

                                     -- Steve

    --
    Stephen Edwards            604 McBryde Hall          Dept. of Computer Science
    e-mail      : edward..s.vt.edu           U.S. mail: Virginia Tech (VPI&SU)