handling external jars

From: Patrick Robinson (pg..t.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2006 - 11:16:38 EDT

    I assume the normal way to handle external jar files in a WO project
    is to wrap them in a WO framework? Is that correct? It seems to
    work fine if these WO frameworks are then installed in the normal
    place (e.g. /Library/Frameworks on MacOSX). If I do this, then
    UNIXClassPath.txt is generated correctly (using LOCALROOT/Library/
    Frameworks as the location for the framework).

    It may not be a very big deal, but I did notice that if the
    referenced WO framework lives in {User Home}/Library/Frameworks, then
    the generated UNIXClassPath.txt does not include it.

    But how do you handle jars from the WebObjects Extensions directory?
    How do you tell Eclipse that's where they are, so the compiler finds
    them? I tried adding them to the Java Build Path as external jars,
    and that seems to work (although I don't particularly like how
    they're all listed at the "project root" level in the Package
    Explorer view... can anything be done to organize them?). Is this
    the typical way to deal with these?

    --
    Patrick Robinson
    AHNR Info Technology, Virginia Tech