Re: Why Maven?

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2006 - 09:20:24 EST

    NOTE: I haven't the first idea what this this all about, but anyway:
    so I just updated my svn follow the stuff here

    > http://www.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Guided+Maven+Example

    (Installed maven, verified that "mvn --version" works, "cd woproject;
    svn up"'ed)

    used "mvn" and now I get this:

    ricardo:~/extras/woproject ak$ mvn
    Downloading: http://objectstyle.org/maven2/webobjects/apple/java-
    foundation/5.3.2/java-foundation-5.3.2.pom
    [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository objectstyle (http://
    objectstyle.org/maven2)
    Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/webobjects/apple/java-
    foundation/5.3.2/java-foundation-5.3.2.pom
    [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://
    repo1.maven.org/maven2)
    Downloading: http://objectstyle.org/maven2/webobjects/apple/java-
    foundation/5.3.2/java-foundation-5.3.2.jar
    [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository objectstyle (http://
    objectstyle.org/maven2)
    Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/webobjects/apple/java-
    foundation/5.3.2/java-foundation-5.3.2.jar
    [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://
    repo1.maven.org/maven2)

    Now being not only cute but also cunning, I'd try to bootstrap:

    ricardo:~/extras/woproject ak$ mvn wobootstrap:bootstrap
    ..
    [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
    [INFO]
    [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-wobootstrap-plugin'
    does not exist or no valid version could be found

    but of course this doesn't work as we need the built woproject first,
    which I can't build because the wo jars are not in the
    repository...help!

    Cheers, Anjo