Converting a WOLips ANT Project to Maven

From: Dov Rosenberg (dov.rosenber..onviveon.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2006 - 08:44:08 EST

    I have played around a little bit with Maven and I think I can see some
    benefit to migrating our builds over to it. My question now becomes ³How do
    I migrate our ANT scripts over to Maven?²

    Our build.xml is rather lengthy and we have 3 frameworks, 2 web apps, 1 set
    of cayenne based web services, and some command line utilities that all get
    build when we do a release. We have multiple developers working on the code
    and a remote QA and testing team doing the build and releases. Half of our
    team uses CVS the other half (the WebObjects/Cayenne guys) uses Subversion.
    I want to just try converting the WO side first. We use TestTrackPro for our
    issue tracking.

    I get the impression that I need to do the following:

    * Create a remote maven repository
    * Add all of our dependent Jar files to the remote repository
    * create separate Maven pom.xml for each framework, application that all
    inherit from a higher level pom.xml
    * Somehow convert what we do during our ANT build to maven stuff (we do some
    XSL transforms, moving files from place to place, generate WSDL, build
    woapps and woframeworks)
    * Somehow tie in our release numbers into everything

    Any thoughts or advice are welcomed.

    --
    Dov Rosenberg
    Conviveon/Inquira