Re: Switching from WOLips stable to nightly build

From: Peter Wilkins (pwilkin..IT.EDU)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2006 - 16:51:28 EST

    I had just this problem and found a way to do it. These instructions
    work for Eclipse 3.2.x.

    Open Help / Software Updates / Manage Configuration. This will open
    the "Product Configuration" dialog.

    Open the hierarchy under /Applications/eclipse. You will find a
    number of items that begin with "WOLips".
    Right click on any one of these will open a context menu with an
    "Uninstall" choice.
    Choose Uninstall and follow the defaults.

    If you get an error indicating that the item can't be deleted due to
    a conflict, select a different one to uninstall. There is a
    dependency between the WOLips plug-ins that requires that they are
    uninstalled in a particular order.

    You can then reinstall a different version.

    Note: As near as I can tell, if you use the Eclipse Update Manager,
    you will have to go through this process each time you want to change
    your installed version.

    Peter Wilkins
    Software Development Manager
    Academic Computing - Software Services