Re: Updating WOLips...

From: womai..ac.com
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 15:54:04 EST

    There is something funky going on with updating.

    A week or so ago I removed all traces of WOLips and started over.
    I'm positive I used the update site. But now when I check for
    updates it doesn't find any.

    Even stranger, if I go into Find and Install and select "search for
    new features to install", which lets me see what sites are configured
    to search, I now have a WOLips entry (which is the update site) *and*
    one called "WOLips stable". I can't tell you if that actually does
    point to the stable site because the Edit button remains greyed out
    when I select it (as does the Remove button). I have no idea where
    this entry came from; I know I did not create it.

    When I check for updates I only see it checking "WOLips stable".
    This could be because the site names go by very fast and I might just
    be missing it checking the other one, but the fact that it's not
    finding any updates makes me think that it's only checking the stable
    site.

    Even more interesting, after I uninstall WOLips and restart Eclipse,
    the "WOLips stable" entry is gone. And, after I reinstall WOLips
    (from the update site) the "WOLips stable" entry is back.

    I have Eclipse 3.2.1, build id M20060921-0945. Do I need to
    completely delete Eclipse and start over?

    janine