Re: Error in Build.xml - compileAndBuild task

From: Peter Wilkins (pwilkin..IT.EDU)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2006 - 21:52:07 EST

    Chuck, you're my hero. Our emails crossed in the ether. That sounds
    like the solution to me.

    thanks,
    Peter

    On Dec 7, 2006, at 9:29 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

    > OK, second guess. :-)
    >
    > Check the files in woproject/ -- are any of them empty? If so, it
    > will scan your entire system. Very slow. You don't want
    > that. :-) To avoid this, just add a line, any line, to the file.
    > The standard is:
    >
    > An empty file result in a full filesystem scan
    >
    > Which I used to think was a piece of advice on something to do if
    > you needed a full scan. I now realize that it is a warning:
    >
    > "This line is here to avoid having a empty file which would result
    > in a very time consuming scan of the entire file system. Don't
    > remove it or you will regret your hasty actions"
    >

    > Chuck
    >

    > On Dec 7, 2006, at 6:12 PM, Peter Wilkins wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Chuck:
    >> I do have the file, but I thought that the cause of my error was
    >> that the file was incorrect. Since my file matches yours, I guess
    >> that isn't the problem.
    >>
    >> I assumed that the error was caused by an invalid path. Now I
    >> wonder why the build.xml file thinks that I have a woproject
    >> directory in any of the locations it's scanning. (see my original
    >> email below)
    >>
    >> Peter
    >>

    >> On Dec 7, 2006, at 11:31 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >>
    >>> I don't know why you don't have that file. Here is what mine
    >>> looks like:
    >>>
    >>> #This file stores the wo specific properties
    >>> #Wed Oct 11 19:51:09 PDT 2006
    >>> wo.dir.root=/
    >>> wo.woroot=/System
    >>> wo.dir.user.home.library.frameworks=/Users/chuck/Library/Frameworks
    >>> wo.dir.local=/
    >>> wo.wosystemroot=/System
    >>> wo.dir.library=/System/Library
    >>> wo.dir.user.home.library=/Users/chuck/Library
    >>> wo.dir.local.library=/Library
    >>> wo.dir.library.frameworks=/System/Library/Frameworks
    >>> wo.dir.local.library.frameworks=/Library/Frameworks
    >>> wo.wolocalroot=/
    >>> wo.dir.system=/System
    >>> wo.dir.reference.api=/Developer/ADC%20Reference%20Library/