Re: Mdiminension Update Site down?

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2006 - 16:50:46 EST

    It's been a series of explosions today :) There was a power outage
    around our data center, then some other power issue caused the UPS's
    (multiple!) to fail, which caused all of our machines to shut down,
    and some of them didn't quite come back up right (gotta put that
    "sleep 5" in the startup script .. sheesh). The one that
    mdimension.com is on seems to have some other issue after the
    restart. We have one of our guys over there now checking it out.
    AND they're migrating one of our clients from mac pro's to xserve
    intels today, too ... Fortunately I don't work on that side of
    things, but it's been an exciting day. Anyway, long story short,
    it's being worked on now. HOPEFULLY it won't take too long to come
    back up.

    Would anyone be terribly annoyed if we switched the build servers
    from www.mdimension.com to someotherreallycatchyname.mdimension.com?
    I'm not positive that eclipse update client follows redirects. Worst
    case is that eclipse does not follow redirects and people have to
    update their update site urls. I know this is annoying. If I knew
    that we'd have so many users when I set it up originally, I would not
    have put it on the "www" machine. If people are particularly
    bothered by this, we can leave it, but it will make our lives easier
    to have more freedom to split it apart from the main site.

    ms