Re: Mdiminension Update Site down?

From: David LeBer (dlebe..odeferous.com)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2006 - 17:06:45 EST

    On 8-Dec-06, at 4:50 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > It's been a series of explosions today :) There was a power outage
    > around our data center, then some other power issue caused the
    > UPS's (multiple!) to fail, which caused all of our machines to shut
    > down, and some of them didn't quite come back up right (gotta put
    > that "sleep 5" in the startup script .. sheesh). The one that
    > mdimension.com is on seems to have some other issue after the
    > restart. We have one of our guys over there now checking it out.
    > AND they're migrating one of our clients from mac pro's to xserve
    > intels today, too ... Fortunately I don't work on that side of
    > things, but it's been an exciting day. Anyway, long story short,
    > it's being worked on now. HOPEFULLY it won't take too long to come
    > back up.
    >
    > Would anyone be terribly annoyed if we switched the build servers
    > from www.mdimension.com to
    > someotherreallycatchyname.mdimension.com? I'm not positive that
    > eclipse update client follows redirects. Worst case is that
    > eclipse does not follow redirects and people have to update their
    > update site urls. I know this is annoying. If I knew that we'd
    > have so many users when I set it up originally, I would not have
    > put it on the "www" machine. If people are particularly bothered
    > by this, we can leave it, but it will make our lives easier to have
    > more freedom to split it apart from the main site.

    Mike,

    This is an incredible service you are providing.

    I'm happy to make any changes on my end to make your life easier.

    --
    ;david

    -- David LeBer Codeferous Software 'co-def-er-ous' adj. Literally 'code-bearing' site: http://www.codeferous.com blog: http://david.codeferous.com -- Toronto Area Cocoa / WebObjects developers group: http://www.tacow.org