EO model validation with Wonder and foreign keys

From: Zak Burke (zdbw..artmouth.EDU)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 19:32:49 EST

    I thought I would bite the bullet and install Wonder, to see if it made
    all my EO Model/Entity Modeler validation issues magically disappear.
    I've written about this problem before but was never able to resolve it.
    Here it is, in a nutshell: When an EO has a required relation, Entity
    Modeler complains if the EO's foreign key is not also marked as
    required. EOF, however, chokes when the foreign key is required because
    it handles validation before a new related object has been persisted,
    and therefore has no foreign key to assign.

    There appears to be a great deal of validation-oriented code in Wonder,
    but lacking an introduction, I'm not sure where to start. Validity
    Modeler seemed like a potential option as well; alas, its help link is
    broken (This URL has been moved temporarily to <a
    HREF="file://null">file://null>).

    Can anybody point me in the right direction? Is this something Wonder
    handles (if only I can figure out how to tell it what to do) or is this
    the kind of thing you write EOModel delegates to work around? This seems
    pretty basic, but I'm totally lost.

    Thanks,

    zak.