Re: Fix for xcode projects and localized resources

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2006 - 05:20:32 EST

    Am 14.12.2006 um 10:06 schrieb Timo Hoepfner:
    > Am 14.12.2006 um 06:36 schrieb Anjo Krank:
    >
    >> - please verify that the xcode files now generate correctly (now
    >> with components and models)
    >
    > Works fine, thanks a lot!

    Sigh. No it doesn't, but at least I know what the problem is:
    assuming you have an existing, correct xcode project. You close
    Eclipse, open it, add/remove a resource and then a project with only
    the delta + frameworks gets written out.

    This is because the project gets created empty on startup, then gets
    the delta build and constructs the new project from the delta + the
    default values.

    Several ways to solve this come to mind:

    - a full rebuild on every opening of eclipse. Time consuming,
    depending on workspace size.
    - extending the xcode thingies to actually read from disk. I don't
    wanna do this...
    - a full rebuild of the project when you add/remove a resource for
    the first time. Not sure how to do it without stack overflow.
    - pop up a warning that you need to rebuild the project. Unnerving...

    I'm open to suggestions, but I want this solved. It's really getting
    on my nerves :)

    Cheers, Anjo