Entity Modeler fetch spec qualifiers

From: Brendan Duddridge (brenda..lickspace.com)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2006 - 23:31:07 EST

    Hi,

    I'm having some troubles with Entity Modeler remembering the order of
    operations specified in a fetch specification. All the parentheses
    get removed after saving, quitting Eclipse, and going back in to edit
    the fetch spec.

    So instead of this:

    (pageLocation = $pageLocation and affiliateId = $affiliateId) and
    ((dateToStart < $currentDate and dateToEnd > $currentDate) or
    (dateToStart < $currentDate and dateToEnd = null) or (dateToStart =
    null and dateToEnd > $currentDate) or (dateToStart = null and
    dateToEnd = null))

    When I edit after re-launching Eclipse, I get this:

    pageLocation = $pageLocation and affiliateId = $affiliateId and
    dateToStart < $currentDate and dateToEnd > $currentDate or
    dateToStart < $currentDate and dateToEnd = null or dateToStart = null
    and dateToEnd > $currentDate or dateToStart = null and dateToEnd = null

    So all the parentheses get removed and the order of operations is all
    messed up now. I got bit by this once already before I realized the
    error.

    I'm using Eclipse 3.2.1 and WOLips 2.0.0.3667 on OS X 10.4.8.

    Is this a known issue or a bug that's been fixed in the latest
    update? I guess I should just download it and see.

    Thanks,

    Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 | brenda..lickspace.com

    ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
    Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE
    Calgary, AB T2G 0V9

    http://www.clickspace.com