Re: Entity Modeler & EOJDBCMySQLPrototypes

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 00:14:09 EST

    Yes ... Entity Modeler does not use connection dictionary. It
    exclusively uses Database Configs. However, for backwards
    compatibility, it keeps your connection dictionary in sync with the
    "active" database config. The downside of this is that it also needs
    to support that you may have modified your connection dictionary but
    not updated the database configs. When you open the model, it
    compares your connection dictionary with all of the database
    configs. If they don't match (based on a fairly simple comparison),
    a new database config is created from your connection dictionary. If
    something goes wrong with that comparison (i.e. something silly in my
    comparison routine), the result is exactly what you are seeing -- a
    new database config is created every time you open the model.