Re: How to bundle Frameworks and Jars in .WOA application

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 01:33:30 EST

    Hi there,

    On 12/12/2006, at 5:16 AM, Bob Schwarzmann wrote:

    > It should be noted there is a potential problem when using the
    > embed="true" flag. When the *ClassPath.txt files are generated, it
    > is filled in with the results of a directory scanner. This results
    > in an alphabetical listing of your frameworks. Oftentimes the
    > classpath ordering is important. It seems that the generation of
    > the * ClassPath.txt should be based off of the values of the
    > framework(s) elements. When there are wildcard characters in the
    > includes, you are of course allowing those to be in a random
    > order. Otherwise, keep them in the same order.
    >
    > Anyone have thoughts on changing this from a directory scan to
    > respecting the ordering specified in the framework elements? I can
    > change the code (or add another option for the alternate behavior).

    Sounds like adding the option + code (defaulting to the ordering
    specified in the framework elements) would be the way to go.

    On a similar note - whilst your adding the option for ordering, it'd
    be great if there was a WOLips option (i.e., in preferences) for
    emdedding frameworks (system, local, and/or home) which could be
    overridden per project if desired.

    e.g., Most of my projects that were from the Xcode days were set up
    to embed custom frameworks (via woaFrameworkMerger). This was as
    simple as adding one extra Run script pointing to the script in the
    main target.

    The example provided below seems to involve more work than this per
    project:
    http://www.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Embedding+WOFrameworks

    i.e., ideally you'd want to have a default behaviour for all
    projects, but have the ability to ctl-click on "WO Frameworks",
    choose WOLips > Build options... and be able to adjust the list of
    frameworks that will be embedded for that project.

    So, Mike and others what's involved in adding this type of thing to
    Preferences > WOLips > Build?

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck