Re: Unseen Framework?

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2007 - 02:02:53 EST

    Am 09.01.2007 um 05:17 schrieb Gavin Eadie:

    > At 7:59 PM -0500 1/8/07, Kieran Kelleher wrote:
    >> The framework just contains an EOModel with our inhouse prototypes
    >> entity and a few text files. All other WO frameworks in Library
    >> show up. I am speculating that this might have something to do
    >> with it not having a jar??
    >
    > ... beware of Frameworks the don't contain jar files. WOLips
    > generates a "classpath.txt" composed of, among other things,
    > references to all the "jarry" Frameworks. However, the
    > ResourceMonitor also uses this classpath as a place to hunt for
    > resources ... the result is that, for example, the application will
    > not be able to find resources in a jar-less Framework.
    >
    > Reported way back:
    >
    > http://issues.objectstyle.org/jira/browse/WOL-132

    I didn't really test, but: I recently changed the startup process in
    Wonder to *first* parse the properties files and then load the
    classes as it was breaking these "static Object foo =
    System.getProperty(...)" stuff we have a lot of unless they were
    overridden at the command line.

    To that end, I watch the bundle loading process until all bundles are
    loaded and then init ERX. This seems to break if there are no classes
    in a framework, as has been seen by several people with the JavaVM or
    other Obj-C frameworks and I have reason to believe that it also
    won't work with the frameworks you outline. I also tried some other
    venues but short of decompiling all of

    To cut a long story short, people using Wonder *must* use the
    workaround of having a simple class in their framework.

    Cheers, Anjo