Re: Problem with WOLips

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2007 - 12:07:55 EST

    If you just run the "Creating a WOApplication" tutorial, does the
    blank app run? Also, pay careful attention to the bolded "WOLips
    Bug" at the bottom of that tutorial in case you're getting screwed by
    that.

    ms

    On Jan 16, 2007, at 11:47 AM, hans-martin.mensc..atos.de wrote:

    > On 16.01.2007, at 17:36, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >
    >> Just a stab here, but are you maybe launching as a Java
    >> Application instead of launching as a WOApplication? Though I've
    >> never seen that exception before from that either.
    > I'm launching as a WOApplication.
    >>
    >> Are you starting with a blank application project, or trying to
    >> import an existing project? If you're importing, try starting
    >> with a blank simple project first.
    > I started with the "new WOComponent" tutorial from the WOLips site.
    >
    > Before that I compiled a simple Hello World in pure Java: that worked!
    >

    >> On Jan 16, 2007, at 11:13 AM, hans-martin.mensc..atos.de wrote:
    >>
    >>> I already posted this on WebObjects Mailing List but got no answer.
    >>>
    >>> I've just started using Eclipse and WOLips for my WO development
    >>> switching from Xcode and have the following problem:
    >>>
    >>> When I run my new app as a WOApplication, I get a dialog saying:
    >>> An internal error occurred during "Launching".
    >>>
    >>> The log says:
    >>>
    >>> ********************************************************************
    >>> ***********************************
    >>> ===== Sonntag, 14. Januar 2007 11:58 Uhr Europe/Berlin =====
    >>> !SESSION 2007-01-14 11:57:39.606
    >>> eclipse.buildId=M20060921-0945
    >>> java.version=1.5.0_06
    >>> java.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.
    >>> BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
    >>> Framework arguments: -keyring /Users/hmmensch/.eclipse_keyring -
    >>> showlocation
    >>> Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws carbon -keyring /Users/
    >>> hmmensch/.eclipse_keyring -consoleLog -showlocation
    >>>
    >>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2007-01-14 11:59:51.617
    >>> !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching".
    >>> !STACK 0
    >>> java.lang.NullPointerException
    >>> at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.getLibraryPaths
    >>> (JavaRuntime.java:2423)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.processJavaLibraryPathEntries(
    >>> JavaRuntime.java:2339)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.processJavaLibraryPathEntries(
    >>> JavaRuntime.java:2349)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.gatherJavaLibraryPathEntries
    >>> (JavaRuntime.java:2303)
    >>> at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.computeJavaLibraryPath
    >>> (JavaRuntime.java:2261)
    >>> at
    >>> org.eclipse.jdt.launching.AbstractJavaLaunchConfigurationDelegate.ge
    >>> tJavaLibraryPath(AbstractJavaLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:975)