Helper Classes questions/request

From: Peter Vandoros (pete..techgroup.com.au)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 00:39:30 EST

    I have just integrated the WOOgnl framework because Mike got me very interested about Helper Classes :)

    Anyway, i have a question/request:

    Is it possible to allow a helper class come from a constant binding instead of a key value coding binding?
    eg.
    come from: value = "*currentPersion|displayName"; (note use of '*' as the helper marker. this should be configurable)
    instead of from: value = currentPerson|displayName;

    The reason i want to be able to do this is because i am one of those developers that still uses WOBuilder for creating the component structure and it treats those as illegal bindings.

    Being open source, i looked at the source and have discovered commented-out code that used constant associations as well. Why has this been commented out?

    I can make some changes to the code in a custom version so it will optionally allow this situation but i don't want to have to reapply my changes for every new version of the framework.

    So i was wondering if i were to modify the source to optionally allow my scenario, could it possibly be included into the "official" version?

    Much appreciated

    Peter