Re: Helper Classes questions/request

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 07:11:33 EST

    You actually want this one on wonder-dev instead of woproject-dev,
    but I suspect I didn't go forward more with it mainly because I
    didn't want to deal with symbol collisions in constants. You would
    pretty much have to introduce some sort of leading symbol like in
    your example, which would subtly break anyone who was using that
    symbol already, and then you'd have to introduce support for escaping
    that symbol. With non-constant, it's a lot easier to introduce a new
    symbol because there are a lot of them that can't appear in a
    keypath, but in a constant, it's open season. I'm guessing I didn't
    want to deal with it at the time, but one of our guys has has asked
    for constant support also. You can send me your patch if you'd like?