Re: Thoughts on Replacing EOGenerator and EOReporter

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 16:39:13 EST

    On Jan 17, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > I thought EOGenerator and EOReporter were built against the
    > straight up cocoa libraries from old EOF rather than cocoa-java
    > bridge?

    Hmmm, that is right. My mistake. However... are those old EOF
    libraries going to be around much longer? They are not used for
    anything else. They are not part of an OS X install. That is how I
    stumbled across this. I'd guess they only come with the Dev Tools.
    Does anyone know?

    > If not, then we probably do need to have some plan there. I have
    > contemplated porting miscmerge to java, but haven't had the energy
    > to do it. I don't think it would be THAT much effort, but we're
    > working up towards a product release, so we've been really busy
    > recently. Alternatively, there is mogenerator that we MIGHT be
    > able to adapt.

    I was expecting that there would be a multitude of template engines
    for Java. What should be needed (based on, oh, about 10 seconds of
    thought) is some glue to read in args, load the models, and pass it
    all off to a template engine. Between the EOF stuff and the template
    engine, there should not be too much left to do.

    Chuck