Re: Thoughts on Replacing EOGenerator and EOReporter

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 16:45:59 EST

    Am 17.01.2007 um 22:39 schrieb Chuck Hill:

    >> If not, then we probably do need to have some plan there. I have
    >> contemplated porting miscmerge to java, but haven't had the energy
    >> to do it. I don't think it would be THAT much effort, but we're
    >> working up towards a product release, so we've been really busy
    >> recently. Alternatively, there is mogenerator that we MIGHT be
    >> able to adapt.
    >
    > I was expecting that there would be a multitude of template engines
    > for Java. What should be needed (based on, oh, about 10 seconds of
    > thought) is some glue to read in args, load the models, and pass it
    > all off to a template engine. Between the EOF stuff and the
    > template engine, there should not be too much left to do.

    There's this thing that is used for the component and project
    templates - whatever the .vm extension is. It looks pretty
    straightforward and isn't as crappy as miscmerge (sorry, but this
    stuff may be nice for serial mails and the like, but more complex
    templates are a total pain...)

    And I for my part wouldn't care if it only ran in eclipse...

    Cheers, Anjo