Re: Wo Component Editor Reminiscing ... Mainly just feature requests

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 16:49:02 EST

    Honestly, my opinion on this subject is that the place to start is
    dropping WTP completely and writing a custom HTML editor that really
    knows WO. WTP completely sucks on the extensibility front. I had to
    submit a 120k patch just to get the PARTIAL support we had before. I
    hate WTP. The CSS editor is very nice, I will give them that. And
    to be fair, webobjects is a very invasive templating language --
    heck, it supports tags inside of the quotes of other tags. That's a
    little nuts and definitely dirty HTML. But I want an HTML editor
    that can complete WO tags, support the new inline HTML binding syntax
    with validation, give me a new WO-ey outline view, potentially
    support drag-and-drop from a palette like Spindle (which might be a
    place to start also, but integrating two huge plugin sets sounds
    unfun), validation, and formatting that doesn't destroy my
    component. WTP doesn't really provide a foundation for any of these
    in a nice way. This is actually my #1 personal vendetta in WOLips,
    but it requires a commitment of time that I don't have just at the
    moment. It's my next big project, though if someone doesn't take it
    on first.

    ms