Re: Can't access components and eomodels defined in a framework

From: Henrique Prange (hprang..mail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2007 - 09:14:41 EST

    Hi Benoit,

    Does your pom.xml have the following configuration?

    <build>
        <plugins>
           <plugin>
              <groupId>org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2</groupId>
              <artifactId>maven-wolifecycle-plugin</artifactId>
              <extensions>true</extensions>
           </plugin>
        </plugins>
        <resources>
           <resource>
              <targetPath>Resources</targetPath>
           </resource>
           <resource>
              <directory>src/main/webserver-resources</directory>
              <targetPath>WebServerResources</targetPath>
           </resource>
        </resources>
    </build>

    With the configuration above, you can put your resources in folders
    defined by maven-archetype-woapplication. The Maven plug-in will
    generate the JAR with the resources within a folder named Resources and
    images and others within a folder named WebServerResources.

    In anyway, I had already found this problem as you can see in messages
    [1] and [2].

    The WebObjects and the WOLips don't read models which are within JARs (I
    don't remember of having problems with components). This is an open
    issue not solved yet (maybe you must report a bug). As soon as I can
    arrange time, I will work on that problem, because Maven is crucial in
    our environment.

    In the meantime, to continue working with Maven, we use the following
    workaround:

    All the frameworks with models are referenced also using the WebObjects
    Library offered by WOLips. For that purpose you must install those
    frameworks with the WOLips Ant Tools -> Install option. Logically, isn't
    the best solution, but it works.

    I hope this can help you.

    Cheers,

    Henrique