Re: jvm parameter for WOApplication Ant task?

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2007 - 19:00:28 EST

    Hi there,

    On 20/01/2007, at 11:38 AM, David Kovacs wrote:

    > Hello WOApplication Ant task experts.
    >
    > I am currently developing and deploying WOApplications on Mac OS X.
    >
    > I was wondering if there was any parameter for the WOApplication Ant
    > task that would let me specify the version of the JVM to use once
    > the WOApplication is
    > deployed.

    Using auto-completion in eclipse for the woapplication task - looks
    like there's a jvmoptions parameter available.

    So I'd be guessing something like...

    <woapplication .... jvmoptions="-source \\"1.4\\" -target \\"1.4\\"">
    </woapplication>

    > Currently I am able to specify the JVM manually by explicitly
    > changing a line inside the MacOSClassPath.txt that resides
    > within the folder Contents/MacOS/ which is generated
    > inside the woa folder for the application.
    >
    > I change this manually in MacOSClassPath.txt by changing the
    > first line that reads
    >
    > # JVM == java
    >
    > to instead read:
    >
    > # JVM == /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/
    > Versions/1.4.2/Home/bin/java

    That won't help if you've compiled as 1.5 source... rather than
    compiling against 1.4 or specifying 1.4 source/target.

    > This has the effect of changing the runtime JVM from my current
    > version 1.5
    >
    > to run with version 1.4.2 of the JVM instead.
    >
    > Does anybody know if the WOApplication ant task can be configured to
    > correctly generate the MacOSClassPath.txt so that an alternative
    > version of the JVM can be specified?

    That can lead to a so-called major-minor version mismatch on
    deploying. e.g., if you compile as 1.5 source you'll get problems
    deploying under a 1.4.x jvm.

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck