Re: [Bulk] Re: How to bundle Frameworks and Jars in .WOA application

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2007 - 03:00:39 EST

    The problem is that the two build systems - WOLips and woproject -
    are working in different ways with different parameters. In WOLips,
    you start with a fixed "root" and then use a patterset from there. In
    woproject, you can define the root where you want it, which is in
    fact what makes sense, as you may not always include from /Library
    but from your versioned releases or build directory etc.

    The bug you are seeing was introduced as a side effect of fixing the
    classpath-order bug (WOL-214) which introduced some very hard-to-find
    bugs when you are using a lot of properties. The reason I wasn't
    seeing it is that I don't use the WOLips properties for my ant builds
    anymore because of what I outlined above.

    Now, we could fix this by yet more obscure code in the WOApp task,
    but a real solution would be to allow for some way in WOLips to set
    the "dir" or "root" parameter on the frameworks, resources and
    wsresources tasks... but I have to say, if I had a good idea on how
    to do that (UI wise, I mean), I'd have done it a long time ago :)

    So it'd be a Good Thing (tm) to revive the .WOLips file, add the
    needed config information there, make the ant tasks read it and
    create some UI to configure it. (And take care that a simple opening
    a project on another developers machine doesn't re-create a totally
    different file) A nice side effect would be that there are a ton of
    files less to worry about in version control.

    For the time being, I'd advise you to use the "bundles" property so
    the two systems don't step on each others toes or adapt the ant path
    manually.

    Cheers, Anjo