Help Running a Project in Eclipse/WOLips

From: Fred Shurtleff (fh..omcast.net)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2007 - 14:22:08 EST

    Hello All,

    I am a new WebObjects user trying to get up the learning-curve by
    practicing some of the demo examples in various WO books (WO for Mac
    OSX-PeachPit Press and Practical WebObjects-Apress).

    I've run into a road-block when trying to run the demo examples in the
    Practical WebObjects book using the Eclipse/WOLips IDE. The error log
    gives:

    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching".\
    !STACK 0\
    java.lang.NullPointerException\
      at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.launching.delegates.WOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.verifyWorkingDirectory(WOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:252)\

      at
    org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaLaunchDelegate.launch(JavaLaunchDelegate.java:53)\

      at
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:639)\

      at
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:565)\

      at
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:754)\

      at
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$6.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:944)\
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

    My configuration is Eclipse 3.2.1/WOLips 2.0.0.3686/Mac OSX 10.4.8/WO 5.2.

    Can anyone help me with a suggestion as to what is the cause of this
    error, and/or how to deal with this problem?

    Thanks
    Fred Shurleff