Re: Unable to Launch WOApplication

From: sean71..mail.com
Date: Fri Feb 16 2007 - 13:46:59 EST

    I have full access to that directory

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Zak Burke <zdbwo@Dartmouth.EDU>
    Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:42:40
    To:woproject-dev@objectstyle.org
    Subject: Re: Unable to Launch WOApplication

    Sean wrote on 2/15/07 11:02 PM:
    > I tried running using project builder and received the following
    >
    > C:/Apple/Developer/Executables/javatool.exe -javac C:\Program
    > Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11/bin/javac.exe

    [...]

    > javatool: can't open Java file FilesJavajre1.5.0_11\bin\javac.exe: No
    > such file or directory

    It looks to me like the problem is that javac.exe is in a path with a
    space in it. Note the javatool error where it appears that your
    backslash characters are being interpreted as escape sequences (the Unix
    interpretation) instead of as file separator elements (the Windows
    interpretation).

    IIRC, java paths always use / and the JVM will convert 'em to whatever
    the OS's native format. So, your path to javac should be something like
    this:

            -javac "C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.5.0_11/bin/javac.exe"

    zak.