Re: Entity Modeler hates me.

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 18:12:22 EST

    I f***ing hate plist format. Who thought this format was a good
    idea? "Lets store typeful data in a typeless file format". And they
    can't parse a negative number without quotes? Still not as bad as
    parts of the EOModel file format parser using Y/N and others using
    YES/NO and they DON'T PARSE the other syntax. That's my favorite
    feature of all time.

    My bigger concern is reading that back into Entity Modeler. I don't
    know exactly what Cayenne's property list deserializer does there.
    If you open the model after fixing the quotes, does Entity Modeler
    actually parse it properly? It so, this should be easy to fix.

    ms

    On Feb 27, 2007, at 6:02 PM, Q wrote:

    > Found it. Entity Modeler is not quoting "scale" values that are
    > negative. Manually editing the model to quote these values fixed it.
    >
    > On 28/02/2007, at 1:23 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >
    >> Looks like a bug. If you can figure out what is not being quoted
    >> properly, that would be very helpful.
    >>
    >> On Feb 27, 2007, at 9:46 AM, Q wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a model that if I open it and save it in EOModeler it
    >>> works fine, however if I open it in Entity Modeler and save it my
    >>> app throws the following error on startup (reopening in EOModeler
    >>> and resaving again fixes whatever is wrong with it). Is this a
    >>> bug or have I not done something that EOModeler does for me
    >>> automagically?:
    >>>
    >>> Also, which plist file is it most likely referring to?
    >>>
    >>> [2007-02-28 00:27:07 EST] <main>
    >>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Property list parsing failed
    >>> while attempting to read unquoted string. No allowable characters
    >>> were found. At line number: 20, column: 19.
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization
    >>> $_Utilities._readUnquotedStringIntoStringBuffer
    >>> (NSPropertyListSerialization.java:606)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization
    >>> $_Utilities._readObjectIntoObjectReference
    >>> (NSPropertyListSerialization.java:588)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization
    >>> $_Utilities._readDictionaryContentsIntoDictionary
    >>> (NSPropertyListSerialization.java:836)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization
    >>> $_Utilities._readObjectIntoObjectReference
    >>> (NSPropertyListSerialization.java:584)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization
    >>> $_Utilities._readArrayContentsIntoArray
    >>> (NSPropertyListSerialization.java:786)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization
    >>> $_Utilities._readObjectIntoObjectReference
    >>> (NSPropertyListSerialization.java:580)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization
    >>> $_Utilities._readDictionaryContentsIntoDictionary
    >>> (NSPropertyListSerialization.java:836)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization
    >>> $_Utilities._readObjectIntoObjectReference
    >>> (NSPropertyListSerialization.java:584)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization
    >>> $_Utilities._propertyListFromString
    >>> (NSPropertyListSerialization.java:397)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization
    >>> $_Utilities.propertyListFromString
    >>> (NSPropertyListSerialization.java:375)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization.propertyListFr
    >>> omString(NSPropertyListSerialization.java:80)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization.propertyListWi
    >>> thPathURL(NSPropertyListSerialization.java:93)
    >>> at com.webobjects.eoaccess.EOModel.entityNamed(EOModel.java:307)
    >>> at com.webobjects.eoaccess.EOModel.entities(EOModel.java:356)
    >>> at er.extensions.ERXModelGroup.flattenPrototypes
    >>> (ERXModelGroup.java:898)
    >>> at er.extensions.ERXModelGroup.fixPrototypesForModel
    >>> (ERXModelGroup.java:810)
    >>> at er.extensions.ERXModelGroup.resetConnectionDictionaryInModel
    >>> (ERXModelGroup.java:730)
    >>> at er.extensions.ERXModelGroup.addModel(ERXModelGroup.java:153)
    >>> at er.extensions.ERXModelGroup.addModelWithPathURL
    >>> (ERXModelGroup.java:307)
    >>> at er.extensions.ERXModelGroup.loadModelsFromLoadedBundles
    >>> (ERXModelGroup.java:105)
    >>> at er.extensions.ERXExtensions.defaultModelGroup
    >>> (ERXExtensions.java:82)
    >>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
    >>> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    >>> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
    >>> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSSelector._safeInvokeMethod
    >>> (NSSelector.java:120)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation._NSDelegate._perform
    >>> (_NSDelegate.java:225)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation._NSDelegate.perform
    >>> (_NSDelegate.java:158)
    >>> at com.webobjects.eoaccess.EOModelGroup.defaultGroup
    >>> (EOModelGroup.java:365)
    >>> at er.extensions.ERXEntityClassDescription
    >>> $Factory.applicationDidFinishLaunching
    >>> (ERXEntityClassDescription.java:276)
    >>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
    >>> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    >>> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
    >>> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSSelector._safeInvokeMethod
    >>> (NSSelector.java:120)
    >>> at com.webobjects.foundation.NSNotificationCenter
    >>> $_Entry.invokeMethod(NSNotificationCenter.java:601)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.foundation.NSNotificationCenter.postNotification
    >>> (NSNotificationCenter.java:545)