API files

From: Clark Mueller (cpmuelle..ac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 18:14:23 EST

    Hey all,

    I'm appears that at some point in the last couple of weeks (I just
    updated to the latest WOLips nightly), API editing has gone kaput.
    I've noticed the following two problems when creating a new component
    today. It just consists of a WOHyperlink, a couple of conditionals,
    and a couple of strings. When I have it open and create and save an
    API file by clicking on the "Api" tab, I am able to edit the API, but
    when I try to save, I get a message "Save Failed:Failed to save .api
    file." Similarly, if I create the file externally (say, by right
    clicking on the .wo and saying Generate API file... or by building it
    manually), I get an assertion failure when I try to then edit the
    component. Stack trace for the error upon save is as follows:

    > !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2007-03-01 16:09:36.137
    > !MESSAGE Save Failed
    > !STACK 0
    > java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to save .api file.
    > at org.objectstyle.wolips.apieditor.editor.ApiEditor.doSave
    > (ApiEditor.java:105)
    > at org.objectstyle.wolips.componenteditor.part.ApiTab.doSave
    > (ApiTab.java:87)
    > at
    > org.objectstyle.wolips.componenteditor.part.ComponentEditorPart.doSave
    > (ComponentEditorPart.java:198)
    > Caused by:
    > org.objectstyle.wolips.core.resources.types.api.ApiModelException:
    > Failed to save API file /Users/clark/Code/MIX/Eclipse/MIX/
    > Components/ShowInvoiceLink.api.
    > at
    > org.objectstyle.wolips.core.resources.types.api.ApiModel.saveChanges
    > (ApiModel.java:221)
    > at
    > org.objectstyle.wolips.core.resources.types.api.ApiModel.saveChanges
    > (ApiModel.java:193)
    > at org.objectstyle.wolips.apieditor.editor.ApiEditor.doSave
    > (ApiEditor.java:102)
    > ... 60 more
    > Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not supported:
    > indent-number
    > at org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.setAttribute
    > (TransformerFactoryImpl.java:574)
    > at
    > org.objectstyle.wolips.core.resources.types.api.ApiModel.saveChanges
    > (ApiModel.java:212)
    > ... 62 more

    When opening the .wo, the error looks like this:

    > org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: assertion failed:
    > at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:109)
    > at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:95)
    > at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.setActivePage
    > (MultiPageEditorPart.java:688)
    > at org.eclipse.ui.forms.editor.FormEditor.setActivePage
    > (FormEditor.java:601)
    > at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl
    > (MultiPageEditorPart.java:280)
    > at
    > org.objectstyle.wolips.componenteditor.part.ComponentEditorTab.createI
    > nnerPartControl(ComponentEditorTab.java:78)
    > at org.objectstyle.wolips.componenteditor.part.ApiTab.createTab
    > (ApiTab.java:78)
    > at
    > org.objectstyle.wolips.componenteditor.part.ComponentEditorPart.create
    > Pages(ComponentEditorPart.java:167)

    The only components that appear to have this problem are ones that
    have bindings defined, whether the API file actually exists or not.
    Known issue? Bug time? Problem with my component?

    Clark