Re: [Wonder-disc] Eclipse/WOLips Problems

From: Jerry W. Walker (jerrywwalke..mail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 19:34:08 EST

    Hi, Mike,

    On Mar 1, 2007, at 9:13 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >> In particular, note that it lists the javawebobjects.jar, so it
    >> shouldn't have problems accessing WOSession; but it seems to.
    > Can you send a screenshot of your Problems View along with the
    > source to the Java file that it claims is having a problem? Can
    > you verify that the java file is actually importing WOSession (cmd-
    > shift-o in the java editor = autogenerate imports).
    >
    > ms

    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I had a small deadline this
    morning after reading your message, then forgot about your request
    till this evening.

    Here is a screenshot of the Problems View:

    and here is the source for the file in question:
    // Generated by the WOLips Templateengine Plug-in at Mar 1, 2007
    7:30:04 AM

    import com.webobjects.appserver.*;

    public class Main extends WOComponent {

         public Main(WOContext context) {
             super(context);
         }

    }

    After cmd-shift-o in the java editor, the source file looks like this:
    // Generated by the WOLips Templateengine Plug-in at Mar 1, 2007
    7:30:04 AM

    import com.webobjects.appserver.WOComponent;
    import com.webobjects.appserver.WOContext;

    public class Main extends WOComponent {

         public Main(WOContext context) {
             super(context);
         }

    }

    and the errors remain.

    I have a screenshot of the entire Eclipse window with the Problems
    View showing the errors and the code in the Java Editor, but it's
    over 140KB, so I decided to comply with your request as you made it.

    If it helps any, this is completely reproducible. I was able to
    achieve this state by completing the Eclipse/WOLips installation
    instructions at:

         http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Install+WOLips
    +with+Eclipse+Update+Manager

    Then I went to the "Create a new WO Application" page at:

          http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Create+a+new
    +WO+Application

    and did steps 1 - 6 without a hitch. In step 7, I seemed to trip over
    the WOLips Bug mentioned in that step. As I said in earlier email, I
    wasn't able to create the project last night with the right
    components in over 8 tries without first closing the project and
    reopening it.

    After quitting Eclipse last night, then restarting it this morning,
    when I created the project, all the pictured components were there.

    The error messages appeared in the Problems view every time. I also
    deleted the project, both in Eclipse and on the disk at the end of
    each try so I would be working with a clean slate.

    About the only customization I was able to do, given the explicit
    nature of the steps, was to run the downloaded Eclipse application
    directory off my Desktop and create my workspace directory at ~/
    Development/Eclipse/workspace/

    I had nothing in either the Eclipse application directory, nor in the
    workspace directory, other than what was put there by doing the steps
    outlined on the web site.

    I hadn't moved either of them from the time I downloaded Eclipse
    until this morning, when I moved the Eclipse application directory
    to /Local/Applications/Eclipse/.

    I don't remember whether I did that before or after I was able to
    create a complete project.

    If it helps, I'm running off a MacBook Pro, 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    with Mac OS X 10.4.8. Here's what Terminal says for Java:

    % java -version ~
    java version "1.5.0_07"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-164)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode, sharing)

    The version of Eclipse that I downloaded was:
         Eclipse SDK
         Version: 3.2.1
         Build id: M20060921-0945

    For the WOLips plug-in, when I click the Configuration Details button
    on the About Eclipse panel, Eclipse tells me that it installed:

         org.objectstyle.wolips (2.0.0.3860) "WOLips Core Plug-in" [Active]

    All other plugins from org.objectstyle.wolips also say (2.0.0.3860)
    and they all say [Active] or [Resolved] except this line:

         org.objectstyle.wolips.jprofiler.launching (2.0.0.3860) "WOLips
    JProfiler Launching Plug-in" [Installed]

    I hope this helps you find trace down the problem. With all the
    feedback I'm getting, both off the mailing lists and from Eclipse,
    I'm starting to get excited.

    Thanks for your support.

    Regards,
    Jerry

    --
    __ Jerry W. Walker,
        WebObjects Developer/Instructor for High Performance Industrial

    jerrywwalke..mail.com 203 278-4085 office