Re: Problem running a WebObects application

From: Francis Labrie (francis.labri..moguli.com)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 21:14:08 EST

    Hi Chuck,

    Chuck Hill wrote:
    >> That's where I strongly suspect a problem, but the configuration
    >> seems normal (i.e. selecting the "Restore Default Entries" button
    >> in "Classpath" tab). See below:
    >> [...]
    >
    > Try deleting the WO Frameworks entry and add and configure a new
    > one (under Advanced).
    >
    >> If I add the "WebObjects Frameworks" library in the "Bootstrap
    >> Entries" above the JRE, I get this exception at launch instead:
    >>
    >> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    >> [...]
    >
    > No, that will definitely give you class loader errors.
    >
    >> No classpath change seems to fix my problem... :-( Is there
    >> anything else I can do?
    >
    > Check for stray jars in /Library/Java/Extensions.

    Thank you very much for your help!

    I've finally nailed the culprit: user libraries were defined as
    "System library" (so added to the boot class path) in the Java /
    Build Path / User Libraries section of Eclipse preferences.
    Unchecking this check box fixes the problem. *grin*

    Now I think it's time for a beer...

    Kind regards,

    --
    Francis Labrie
    Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Québec, Canada