Re: EOGenerator Replacement

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 14:52:13 EDT

    I agree that EOModel support would likely always be a second-class
    citizen in the Cayenne Modeler, and the EOModel users would have to
    limit which parts of the Cayenne modeler that they used as not all
    Cayenne features would translate to an EOModel.

    However, I don't think the amount of work would really be all that
    great. The only missing functionality is already on the TODO list
    for the standard Cayenne modeler (prototypes, user properties, uml
    diagramming, certain kinds of inheritance). I also don't think the
    divergence is going to be significant. At some point, I think you
    will see the ability to save an equivalent EOModel right from the
    Cayenne modeler. But a dedicated EOModel modeler makes more sense
    because of the useability issues above.

    I haven't looked at the Entity Modeler yet, but may do so down the road.