Localization and components in a separate directory

From: Fabian Peters (lists.fabia..-lumo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 20:17:02 EDT

    Hi,

    I've run into a strange issue: I changed the project layout of one of
    my frameworks to the project Wonder structure, i.e. with directories
    "Components", "Sources" etc. Part of this framework is a component
    named ELLocalizedString, which is quite similar to
    ERXLocalizedString. After my changes, the component is now sitting
    within the "Components" directory, not in the project root as before.

    Now, when I access a page that uses ELLocalizedString and no session
    is created, I get:

    <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentDefinition> No template
    found for component ELLocalizedString at "file:/Users/fabian/
    Documents/workspace/myApplication/build/myApplication.woa".

    If I move the components back out to the framework project root, the
    template is located. Applications using ELLocalizedString but
    requiring a session from the start, find the template in both setups.
    A "diff -r" on the build folders for both setups shows no differences
    whatsoever.

    André Koppany reported something similar last year: <http://
    objectstyle.org/woproject-old/lists/woproject-dev/2006/06/0014.html>

    Any suggestions? Thanks,

    Fabian